Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nursing School, Take 2

I love it!!!! I am having so much fun! I love the classes. I love my classmates. I LOVE my teachers. I love the facilities and campus. Everything is so well organized and the school is so supportive - free tutoring, counseling, yoga, and more. I love it all! What a difference. This program is completely different to the one I was in last year. It's like night and day. I love it! Did I mention I love it????

Remember, this is my blog so I have bragging rights. I got 100% on our first exam (25% of my grade)! I have an A in both classes so far. I love lab - I can now take vital signs, health histories and assess the skin. We're going to learn how to assess HEENT tomorrow (brownie points for anyone who knows what this is and puts it in the comments!) I have 2 more exams next week. They weren't kidding about it being an accelerated program. Heck, I'll be done with this term in 3.5 weeks! Then I start clinicals. Will have class 10 hours, 2 days a week and clinicals 8 hours, 3 days a week. Plus homework of course. Craziness! But you know what? So far, it is remarkably doable. So far, I am managing to balance my time and see my family and even have some time left over to care for myself. So far, I am in heaven. Stay tuned!

Everything in life is meant to be. I was so meant to be at this school. Sorry for the gushing quality of this post but oh my god, I am so happy!

2 comments:

Emma said...

I'm sooo happy for you Kelly! I start my Nursing Degree in Sept - I pray I'll be feeling the same way a few weeks in :)

Anonymous said...

(Head, Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat...right? medical billing is long ago in my past)

That's TERRIFIC you're having fun with it! And gush away! You've earned it :D