Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Still loving it!

A's on Exams #2 and #3 as well! Will keep you updated with mini-blogs and plan to post a long blog with pics when I finish Term 1 on June 25th. Then I get 10 days off before Term 2 and CLINICALS!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Kelly, you must be really busy, but I still hope that you answer to me on time as I thinking to drop out my disorganized nursing program. I had a 4.00 GPA on my prerequisites and now I am barely making the C.One teacher teaches lectures, other do the check outs. They do not agree on right or wrong.During test they contradict the book without warning. Test have wrong questions, in revision they tell you that your answers are right, but you don't get credit. Then they tell you that C is a good grade and the only good can get and A.I know you were in a similar situation. What is the nurse school that you loved so much. It is NLNC certified and if not, can you do a masters. How difficult was to get in after the other school ruined your GPA.I would go all the way to that school to stop this nightmare. It is so much that we have to learn in nursing and there is not a need to make it worst.It takes to much energy to be unsucessfully bargaining each one of my test questions. thank you for the info.

Kelly said...

Hey, I am so sorry, I rarely check this blog anymore!!!! Lucky I just happened to check it today for the first time in months. I am so sorry to hear you are going through something similar. I am now an RN working my dream job so DON'T GIVE UP. It can be done. I went to Samuel Merritt University in Oakland and loved it. They offer BSN and MSN (and entry-level MSN) degrees. I dropped out of the other school BEFORE any of the grades were permanent on my transcript. BUT I believe you could still have a good shot at another nursing school if you were to rite a letter about the program you were in, show your perfect 4.0 prerequisites, get stellar letters of recommendation, go meet the dean in person, etc, etc, etc. I have a couple of former classmates who did not drop out of the program in time, but who were able to get into other nursing programs afterwards. I wish you the best of luck.