I am appalled. While I was out taking a walk with Dorian earlier, I had an experience that disgusted me to the core. At a major intersection in Oakland, California, there were 20-30 young teens holding "Yes on Prop 8" signs. Not only that, there were cars actually happily beeping their horns at them (showing support) and the teens would erupt in cheers. I am freaking disgusted. I thought we lived in the liberal part of the country. Even more disgusting to me is that these young teens (children, really) never stood a chance. These aren't their views. These are the views their close-minded parents have instilled in them. These teens were most likely students at the Catholic school 2 blocks way. And people ask me why I am an atheist. Um, HELLO???????????*
I love the handmade sign my neighbor put up today - "Stay Evolved. No on 8." Awesome.
---------------------------
*Yes, I know not all religions support these views and that as a liberal, I need to accept others' views. I normally do. I am just so angry right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
An article in today's SFChron talks about Mormon's gathering for Yes on 8 activities. We are down the hill from the Mormon Temple.
Guess who cut me off in traffic today???
Why, it was that fat ass SUV with the Dad, Mum, 4 kids, dog and cat characters on the back window ..."Jesus Loves You" sticker, 3 "Vote Yes on 8" bumper stickers, and the FISH sign-humm...case closed!
Where we live, it's the very conservative Russians (and Russian churches) who are at all the Yes on 8 Rallies. For real - you leave your country b/c of religious persecution and then you come to my country which grants you religious freedom and you start trying to take away the rights of other. WTF? It makes me so angry.
Thanks for the support!
Post a Comment