Thursday, December 4, 2008
Back to the grind
I just spoke with my employer at the accounting firm and I will officially return to my old position of administrative assistant on January 19, 2009. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I lead a charmed life. How lucky I was to fall into that job (I started off as a 3-week temp, assisting them for the holidays in 2005). The job paid well enough that it allowed James and I to pay off all our debt and save for our year off with Dorian. It allowed me to take my prerequisite courses for nursing school...my employers were so flexible about allowing me to switch to a part-time schedule, even allowing me to choose the days and times I worked. They were supportive of my pregnancy and allowed me to take 4 months off for maternity leave and then telecommute for them after Dorian arrived. I left them this past summer because I knew I was going to start nursing school in the fall. They even gave me a nice bonus when I left (this was not the first bonus I received from them either). When nursing school fell through and I got back in touch with them, they were more than happy to offer me my old job back. I can't think many employers would be so supportive of their employees, particularly when they knew I wasn't going to be there forever. I am excited to be returning to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment