Monday, December 8, 2008
Love
I have the best husband in the world. I love watching him with our son. There is nothing like seeing Dorian look at him like he is the most amazing person who has ever existed, or hearing him giggle hysterically because of something James did. I read somewhere that many people get divorced within a year or two after having their first child together. It can be a very stressful time. We certainly have argued more over the past year than we ever did before. We seriously never had a real argument before Dorian came along, and we had been together for 7 years (now 8)! We have been so sleep-deprived for the past year. (Before you ask, no, Dorian still doesn't sleep.) There are some days where we literally feel ill from exhaustion. Throw in other stressful events (that time of the month, too much work on James' plate, my whole nursing school drama, etc) and voila, prime environment for marital tension. There have been times when we have taken it out on each other. James is always the first to apologize. (I don't do apologies, because I'm always right.) But it has been wonderful actually. We've been able to work past these little snits. Divorce never crosses our minds. It's lovely to feel so secure in your relationship, to just KNOW you're meant to be with this person for the rest of your life. I can't get enough of him...sadly for him, I'm not talking in the sexual sense here. I just mean we spend a lot of time together at the moment since neither one of us is working. And yet, we still enjoy each other's company. We often walk together, go on errands together, just be together. We certainly spend loads of time in our home together. Dorian is so happy when the two of us are together with him. He smiles whenever we kiss. He LOVES watching us together. It makes me so content to know we're able to provide him with this stability. I feel for people who have to do it on their own. I am so lucky. I love our little family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment