50 hours and counting! Last night was better that the night before - he woke less, cried less, didn't even try to nurse! He still had cottage cheese in the middle of the night - how are we going to break that habit if it becomes one? He refused whole milk all night long. Even with chocolate syrup and warmed up. I guess having to go the kitchen one time a night to feed him is easier than having to nurse every couple hours, but it's not ideal. Ideas? Is there some kind of milky cottage-cheesy smoothy drink he'd love in the middle of the night?
I am even sicker today...just phoned my doctor for some cough syrup. I was up coughing all night long and I have the achey diaphragm, weak body feeling going on. I sound like I have been smoking 10 packs a day my whole life combined with shouting at a rock concert 7 nights in a row. Needless to say, I had to phone in sick to work. Great...my second week back and I have already missed 2 days due to illness (missed Day 1 last week due to the stomach bug). Luckily, I'm not trying to impress them or keep this job long-term or anything but I still hate letting people down. And because I'm a temporary/contract employee, I don't get sick pay so that sucks too. Actually, it makes me feel better about letting my employers down (at least they're not shelling out money for me to stay in bed) but James and I could really use the cash right now.
Ho hum. In other news, I keep chowing down on ice cream so don't think I've lost anymore weight with this illness. I want to apologize for going on about weight loss in the last post. I used to HATE people who lost weight without trying. I always thought it was so unfair. Even if people lost the weight due to stress, illness, etc, I was always so fucking jealous of them. I couldn't imagine losing weight without trying - it's always been such a struggle for me to maintain a figure I'm happy with. And yet, now I've become one of these hated people and realize some of my friends and family may be sticking pins and needles in my voodoo doll right now. The only thing I can say is, have a baby! Nurse a toddler half your size (he is 33 inches tall now, I am only 62!), round the clock...that should do the trick. I was always so skeptical when mothers were skinnier after having babies. You know, Victoria Beckham and Kelly Ripa are always saying they're so skinny due to having children. I always thought, "Right, that's a cover-up for anorexia and plastic surgery." That doesn't actually happen, right? Well, it appears it does for some reason. It's really odd. Please don't hate me. I am sure my metabolism will slow down again once the hormones are completely out of my body and the stress of tax season followed by nursing school will make me eat more again. I am one of those people who usually eats more in times of stress, not less. I would put money on the fact that I'll put on weight in the next year and then be back at the same place as all you guys. While it's been nice to be so thin and able to eat whatever I want for the first time in my life, I do miss the self-loathing and camaraderie that comes with being hopeless at sticking to a diet and not liking yourself in a swimsuit. I'll be back soon, I promise. We can all have a party with bowls of cookie dough, bottles of Coke, celebrity gossip magazines and plenty of opportunity for crying about our bodies and pinching our belly fat. Just like old times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like we've been blessed with our children, but my wife had trouble breastfeeding from the start.
2x motorcycle flip post
Post a Comment