Thursday, January 29, 2009

I think we can finally say it!

Dorian is officially weaned. Woohoo!!!! 80 hours and counting! Last night was horrendous...he woke every 45 minutes. It was horrible, and I am still so rundown and weak with this cold. Definitely been a rough few days for me. But, hey, it's been worth it. Dorian didn't even try to nurse last night. Not once. And he drank whole milk! About 12 ounces of it from his sippy cup throughout the night! And didn't make a run for the kitchen for cottage cheese. This is huge!!! And while he woke often, it didn't take too long to get him back to sleep each time. We'll work on it. We'll let him settle a bit after this weaning episode, then we will re-focus on his sleeping habits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT news! I can only imagine how thrilled you must be about having your body back to yourself.