Friday, January 16, 2009
Nursing School Update
I am working really hard in my last two nursing prerequisites (for the Accelerated BSN program): Pathophysiology and Pharmacology. They are online courses through Samuel Merritt, the nursing school I have applied for, and they are TOUGH. But I love them. I keep surprising myself with my interest in all things related to nursing. This truly is my calling. I never thought I'd enjoy studying the hard sciences again but Pharmacology and Pathophysiology are all about chemistry and biology. I have been studing Fluid & Electrolytes and Acid/Base Balance this week, the notorious "Make or Break" section in most nursing courses. I LOVE IT!!!!! I am fascinated by the topic and while it is challenging to completely understand everything related to the subject, it is not impossible. I am so thrilled I have finally found something that excites me in life! I feel like I have been searching for something for years and this is it. I will hear if I get into the program by the end of February. If I do, it will be a super intense year starting May 26th, but I can't wait. I can't think of anything more fun. I am so happy to be using my brain again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Isn't it a great feeling to be doing something you love?? :) And yeah, it's always great to use the 'ole brain!!!
Those actually do sound like fun...Biology was my absolute favorite subject in high school, and I'm actually looking forward to taking that class soon. That can be tough because it fills up quickly...
Sure, it'll be intense but so worth it :-)
Sounds like you really have found your calling congrats! It's wonderful that you're enjoying those classes so much! I can't wait to start in on them one day :) (I'm trying to get into a regular Nursing degree program here in Canada for Sept). Best of luck getting into your program!
Post a Comment