Saturday, March 7, 2009

Even better

So Dori refused his nap again today. More temper tantrums ensued. But we ended up having a good afternoon anyway. I babysat his friend Rowan again (we did last Saturday) - we're going to babysit him a lot this month so Ro's parents will take Dori several times when James leaves me to be a single mother in April.

Rowan and Dori are so cute together. I love the fact that Dorian has friends. It is actually so much easier to take care of them when there are two of them and they entertain each other. Even play together a little. Okay, there were lots of pushes and shoves but they're getting there. They are adorable as a team. But I am not going back on my earlier statement - I still don't plan to have any more kids. Maybe a few years, new children's sleep drugs, and a ticking biological clock will change my mind but for now, that's my statement and I'm sticking to it.

I am in a much better state of mind tonight than I was this morning. I am glowing because although my mani-pedi has been postponed, my hair looks gloriously blonde and thin (she thinned out about half of it - we were left with a hairball the size of a cocker spaniel on the floor - no joke). I love it. I loved my run this morning. It felt so good to get my heart pumping again - walks and yoga don't quite do it most of the time. I hope to try out the running stroller tomorrow morning with Dorian - remember that thing? Yeah, the one Dorian refused to ride in. James took him for a walk in it last week because his other stroller got wet...he said he did fine. So hopefully the little brat will allow his mama to get her endorphins going again tomorrow morning. I can deal with him so much better when I am high off exercise.

No comments: