Sunday, March 8, 2009

Toddler Years, Be Gone!

What a challenging day. And he even had a nap.

This morning was fairly decent, I suppose. Dori cried for about half of our morning walk. When we returned home, I babysat Dori's friend Dash again. Dash actually slept for most of the visit, but Dori didn't. I tried. Several times. He fell asleep as I was driving to go to my mom's work to help her with some spreadsheets (Joint Commission will be at the hospital tomorrow). So I turned the car around and came home. He awoke when I got him out of the car, but luckily he fell asleep again. He slept for almost 2 hours, but woke up in the foulest mood ever. Cranky, cranky, cranky. Once again, I will totally put some of it down to teething but come on!!!! He wants something, I give it to him, then he throws it on the floor in a fit of rage. Over and over again. I'm at the end of my rope.

It doesn't help that my parents took him yesterday and said he was good with them and then James said to me today that he's never like this during the week. Great. So it's just me. I'm a bad mother. That's fine. I haven't been feeling like the greatest mother anyway. But it royally sucks to have it confirmed.

Yes, yes, yes, I am excited about getting into school - it has been a good week. Well, apart from James being unavailable all week-end (band gigs and stomach upset) and my car breaking down last Friday on my way to work (and missing yet another day!!!!) And I've got a shitload of schoolwork to do tonight and for the rest of the week - last week of school! And I'm working 4 days in HMB, then 5 next week for the following 5 weeks. The commute is getting to me now. Well, not the commute so much as the traffic. I have to keep telling myself "It's temporary!!!" I am not looking forward to this week. But, yes, it has been a good week. I'm very lucky to have gotten into nursing school. But I am so annoyed with all this temper-tantrum bullshit. And everyone and their mother keeps telling me "Just don't react to them." Um, yes, I KNOW THAT! I don't react to them, or if I do, I just try to calmly talk to him. But all that pent-up frustration comes out as soon as he goes to bed and makes me wish I still drank and smoke. Thank god for alternate vices - ice cream and yoga (okay, so I'm trying to make that last one a vice). AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: