Sunday, August 17, 2008

Facebook

I don't care what anyone says about the evils of networking sites like Friendster, Facebook, My Space, etc. Facebook has given me a social life again. Seriously. I have found so many old friends from elementary, middle and high school, San Francisco Girls' Chorus, UC Santa Barbara and from jobs I've held over the past several years (in England, too!) I have met up with maybe a dozen or so people I have reconnected with on Facebook. I have friends who have volunteered to help out and babysit Dorian this fall. I get to communicate with over a hundred friends on a daily basis. I have so much support at the moment. I was really getting bummed about how hard it was to meet people since leaving college. James and I have lived in the Bay Area now for 4 years and I was feeling like I still only had a handful of acquaintances and a couple friends from the accounting firm. Now, I feel like I have more friends than I know what to do with. It's a wonderful feeling. I am so grateful for Facebook! Everyone should check it out.

No comments: