Friday, August 22, 2008
Snoring Partner
What do you do????? I am exhausted. I need a good night's sleep so fucking badly, it's not even funny. I have got a million and one pages to read for school and I am still really sick. I haven't slept well all week...well actually, all summer, but particularly the past few nights. Weird, considering James is home so you'd think I'd be more rested, with the extra help and all. I got some of the good cough syrup from my doctor today so my horrendous coughing wouldn't keep me up. It's the stuff with codeine that's supposed to really knock you out. It did. For about an hour and a half. Until James came to bed. Now he's there snoring away and even earplugs won't block him out. I have rolled him on his side, tried to wake him up, nothing. I tried to sleep on the couch (what I often do when he snores too loudly) but the neighbor next door has his tv blasting and I can't sleep there either. I tried to get James to move on to the couch but he gets really mean in his sleep. He just talks back to me and refuses to budge. This seems to be happening all too often. We've tried snoring sprays; they don't work. I know it's my problem, not his but if codeine can't knock me out and earplugs can't block the noise out, how the hell am I supposed to sleep???????????????????? If we didn't have the baby, I'd probably just go upstairs and sleep on my parents' couch but someone needs to hear and tend to the baby (since James doesn't wake up when Dori does). Why is sleep such an issue for me? I used to be an incredible sleeper - as a baby, throughout childhood, in college, in England. Then about 3 years ago, I turned into some weird sleep-disordered freak. It sucks. I need my sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment