Thursday, September 4, 2008

3rd week almost done!

I have my second exam tomorrow. Still haven't gotten the first one back. Last week's exam was on Drug Dosage Calculation. Tomorrow's exam is my first exam for Fundamentals of Nursing. It's on 20 chapters!!!!!! That's about 600-700 textbook pages, people. Then I have my first Skills Lab exam on Monday, and a second one on Wednesday. We'll be tested on basics like hand hygiene, bed making (and making an occupied bed), bed baths, positioning a client, transferring a client, preparing a sterile field, putting on personal protective equipment, etc and more advanced procedures (for a new nursing student) like inserting a catheter, nasogastric tube, cleansing and irrigating wounds and pressure ulcers. Some of the stuff may sound easy but even something like making a bed has a million steps that have to be completed in the exact order (at least for our exam purposes). It's going to be another week-end of non-stop studying. The good news is that I have had more time with Dorian than I thought I would AND we're a third of the way done with nursing boot camp. Roll on October 8th! Then I'll have 4 free days a week!!! Can you believe it? I mean, obviously, I'll need to study on some of those days but I'll have a bit more flexibility. I can do this. Wish me luck for tomorrow. I'll feel 100% confident about nursing school once I know I can pass all 3 types of exams (Drug Dosage Calculation, Nursing Fundamentals written exam, and Nursing Fundamentals skills lab exam). I can't believe I am going to be "working" in the hospital in 5 weeks!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Good luck on your exam, Kelly! I'm in the hospital in two weeks too, and I just can't believe it!