Friday, September 12, 2008

Nursing School Drop-Out

I am shell-shocked. It's been a very emotional week. Very. I haven't cried so much since I miscarried 2 years ago. I can't believe what I just did. I just dropped out of nursing school. Yes, that's right. I dropped out. I had been planning for this year for the past 3+ years. And now, I'm a drop-out. I don't quit!!!! Ever. That is not me. But the school I was attending is seriously fucked up. I couldn't stay there, even if I did pass. But even worse, I couldn't risk getting the permanent black marks on my transcript and the drop deadline was today. I've researched it a lot this week and other nursing schools do not look kindly upon F's or W's (withdrawals) on your transcript, particularly from another nursing school. I honestly don't think I could have made the points I needed to pass the Fundamentals course. I talked to a couple teachers and they basically said it was impossible. What a rotten school. What a totally, utter, rotten, rotten school. Wow. Big change of plans. At least for the moment. I will still become a nurse, there's no doubt about that. I am even more determined now. But, big change in plans. Wow, oh wow. More to come later but I think I need a drink. Oh my god. I'm not in nursing school anymore.

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Hang in there.... Don't give up on your dreams, just be patient and know that everything always works out for a reason. :)

Karyn said...

This is a shock, but I know you did what you needed to do. Take care!!!

Big hugs,
Karyn

Anonymous said...

try working as a CNA for awhile and then do an LPN program...once you're done with that, you can do the LPN-RN bridge program. good luck to you!