I am going to apply for BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) programs for next year. I am excited. It's a better degree. I didn't go for it originally because I wanted the cheapest, quickest way to a nursing career. How stupid was I??? Should have just shelled out money to go to a good school. I took my prerequisites through the Peralta Colleges (a network of East Bay community/junior colleges that includes Merritt College) and was impressed with the education I received for $20 a unit. I had no idea their nursing program was so awful. Where does their nursing program go so wrong? Let me tell you, that will be another post...and probably multiple letters to the dean, vice president, chancellor, local newspapers and more. But more on that later.
This post is about looking forward. Things happen for a reason. I truly believe this. I have no regrets in life. I really don't. Sometimes I feel like I do at the time and for a short while after, but then later, I realize "Ahhhh, so that's why that happened." Life is too short to dwell on the past. I can't believe this is me talking. I feel like I'm really growing up here! But seriously, what's the use of living in the past? You can't change anything. Now if only I could get over my very bad habit of always planning the future. I need to live in the moment more. I feel like I am starting to do that with Dorian. Maybe I should have 10 more children so I'd have no choice but to live in the moment all the time. On second thought, maybe not. I plan to spend the next year taking a couple classes I need for the BSN programs, working part-time (stay tuned), studying Nursing Fundamentals and practicing NCLEX-RN questions at home and of course, spending time with my ever-changing son and my poor, forgotten husband. Life is grand, you know? It really is. I am very lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment