Saturday, September 27, 2008

Date

Yesterday afternoon, James and I went on our second date since Dorian has been born. Where did we go on our date? To two music stores. That's right, not just one music store, TWO music stores. I sat in the car both times...the first time, James promised to pop in and get what he needed. What actually happened? I was in the car for over 20 minutes! I finally called him on his cell phone and at last, he came out...apparently, the owner (who knows my parents) FORCED James to play some new guitars and mandolins. Never mind that his wife (who was looking very hot yesterday might I add) was waiting in the car to have a glass of wine with her husband and perhaps even let him get to second base. At least we know what the man's priorities are. Music first. Wife second. :) We did have a lovely date after that. We sat outside in a restaurant garden, drank wine and ate gourmet pizza in the sun. We didn't even talk about Dorian. We shared a few kisses and lingering looks. It was very nice. Until we had to leave to go to another music store to buy banjo strings. Over an hour picking the perfect outfit, bathing, shaving, putting on make-up, doing my hair and I get brushed aside for guitar and banjo string shopping. Honestly! I don't know why I bother.

No comments: