Sunday, September 14, 2008

Life goes on

James is home again. He left Friday morning before I dropped out so it was really nice to see him again and get a big hug. I am feeling really good about my decision today. I researched a lot of options last night and I know what I'm going to do. I also have back-up plans in case I don't get into the school I want. I am going to try to get a job at Alta Bates (where my mom works) or another hospital. That way I can hopefully continue working there even if I don't get into school next year. It will be good to start working in a hospital whether that ends up being as an administrative assistant, nursing assistant, admissions rep or other position. Life throws you curve balls, you just gotta catch them and keep going. I am learning that. If I don't become a nurse for another 10 years, no harm done. We won't be as financially well-off as we had hoped, but in this day and age, who is? I've got a wonderful husband, a healthy, happy son and a good head on a strong body. What more could you ask for?

No comments: