Monday, September 29, 2008

They have spoken

Wow. Talk about not taking any responsibility for your actions. The Dean of Merritt College spoke to the Class of 2010 nursing students (and some of the drop-outs, like myself) today. What a joke. Nothing is going to change. She basically said if you didn't pass the exams, maybe you didn't study hard enough and/or are not cut out for nursing. I am so glad I am out of there. She said she would take everyone's complaints and try to come up with a plan. She's going to readdress the class again tomorrow. I doubt she does a thing that affects this year's class.

It was great to see my classmates again. People are contacting the Peralta Colleges chancellor, the mayor, newspapers, TV stations, the governor's office, hospitals, Board of Registered Nursing and more. Everyone is livid about the situation. I felt so bad for some of my classmates today who were crying about how much they had sacrificed to get there - good jobs, time with their family, MARRIAGES!!!! I ache for them. Just as I've been aching myself. It was good to see that I'm not alone...there are 102 other people who are hurting as much as I am, if not more. I felt very blessed today. You all know I don't believe in God or anything, but I can't think of a better word. I felt so blessed to have James, Dorian, my parents, my youth (some of my classmates are 50+), a stable living situation, some savings, parents who can lend me money, a clean transcript, other options for school, etc. I promise to fight this for all it's worth. For all of my classmates. I will make sure I do my bit to see the school pay for this. Mom, I need your contacts! :)

No comments: