Monday, September 15, 2008

Plan B is going according to plan...

I just got back from meeting with a counselor at the College of Alameda. I was able to enroll in Statistics, the last prerequisite I needed for BSN programs. I found a late-start fall semester class that meets on week-ends from October 25-December 14 and was able to get into it. Yay! Yet another sign this was meant to be.

I'm really lucky. I actually took most of the additional BSN prerequisites because originally I wasn't sure which program I was going to aim for. Had I not done that, I would have needed to take two more classes right now...Nutrition and Life Span Human Development. All signs point toward a BSN for Kelly!

I also just enrolled in an online Medical Terminology class (self-paced). It is not for credit (only for certification and continuing education units) but it will be really good for me to get a solid basis of all the roots, prefixes, suffixes, etc. Also, apparently some of the temporary positions I may be going for in the hospital may require this course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you kel. you'll love statistics.

Anonymous said...

"You'll love statistics"? Three words I don't hear often enough! More's the pity.

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha, well i suppose i'm one of the few who enjoy math and very much enjoyed stats. i just figured that kelly, being as intelligent and eager to learn as she is, may enjoy it. i was an econ major, so i suppose that just makes me a glutton for punishment ;)